Have you ever wondered how much people in your field make in Miami? Most of us have wondered about this at the beginning of our career. And as soon as we start thinking about the career we want we think about money: which jobs have the highest paying salaries in my city? Today we are going to find out which are the best tech salaries in Miami, Florida.
Please note that, in a bid to be as accurate as possible, we checked the data from this article with the Bureau of Labor Statistics database. Besides showing you which tech careers pay the highest salaries, we will also show you some of the companies that offer this salary range for their employees, currently.
Hardware engineers design and develop hardware systems for computers. After they develop the pieces, they must test their performance. Much of their work centers around creating components such as memory devices, processors, circuit boards and routers. Besides this, a Hardware Engineer must:
- Analyze the results from the test and fix any issues on the hardware if needed.
- Update any component of the hardware so it can match with updated software
- Continue learning about new trends and technology for hardware development.
Most people tend to think that hardware engineering is only about computers, however, hardware engineers don’t work only on computer hardware development, they might also work with the creation of medical hardware and technology, or in a plethora of other industries.
Now, for those who are wondering how much a hardware engineer makes, we can say that the estimated salary is up to $100,000. These salary estimates are based on an hourly rate that averages around $55 per hour.
Computer programming also makes it on your list as one of the highest-paid technology jobs in South Florida. Computer programmers are in charge of writing and editing code for software and applications. To put this in simpler terms, a computer programmer gives instructions that a computer can follow. This way, the programs execute correctly. Sometimes, when there is a coding issue, computer programmers will work on editing the code and solving the problem, so the computer can operate properly. Some of their duties include:
- Writing code with different coding languages such as java or CC+
- Updating programs in the company and fixing any kind of coding error
- Programmers must be able to work with an IDE (Integrated Development Environment.
Programmers typically work directly with software developers, so most of the time they design and develop the project together. Do you want to know how much computer programmers make in the Miami Metropolitan area? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a computer engineer can make anywhere from $80,000 to $90,000 a year. One of the best companies to work for as a computer programmer in Miami is HCL, who offers up to $113,000 a year.
Computer and Information System Management (IT)
IT managers are in charge of a company’s technological operational system. He/she creates a cost-effective strategy with technological resources in order to achieve business goals. Those goals are also set up by the IT manager. They must do research to find out what works best for their company. On the other hand, the IT manager must also find the tools and educate the staff to ensure that the whole process is done correctly. Here are some of the duties that an Information System Manager may perform:
- Checking the company’s computing system to make sure it’s up-to-date and responding to the company’s needs.
- The IT Manager is in charge of the maintenance of every computer system in the company. Besides this task, the IT manager must also plan the installation of hardware and software.
- One of the most important tasks of IT managers is to ensure technological security. Making sure that the company is safe from hackers and data breaches.
- As they’re in charge of managing the whole informational system, they must create a budget on the costs of the tools they will implement into the company. This budget must be cost-effective.
- This is a leading position, so IT Managers must work with other technological professionals like web developers, data specialists, and information and security analysts.
But now for the fun part. What’s the average salary for IT Managers? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary of an IT Manager ranges from $140,000 to $180,000 In Miami Dade County. So we could say that IT Managers have command one of the best tech salaries in the United States. One of the best companies that you can go after for this kind of salary if you’re in Fort Lauderdale is the Cleveland Clinic. It is known to be one of the best places to work in the area.
Want to know more about the tech industry and tech jobs in Miami? Find out more at BootcampsMiami!